Our 5 Favorite Bras for Prom/Weddings
Posted by on
It might not feel like it yet, but it really is spring, which means it's time to start accessorizing for spring and summer weddings (and, of course, prom!). No matter which dress you choose, we've got a base layer to hold you up, boost your bosom, and smooth your shape. Read on to see our 5 Favorite bras for formal gowns!
1. Longline Bras. Some might call it a corset, but we just call it elegant and the ultimate support bra for a strapless gown. Our Goddess longline bra features boning in the seamed cups to keep everything supported and separated. Does your dress have a low back cut? No worries! You can unbuckle and tuck the back accordingly and still feel supported. If you find you love the look and feel of this bra and want more versatility, you're in luck: it comes with removable straps!
2. Strapless Bras. Our Bra of the Month for March is our Freya strapless bra--a moulded, seamless option that's great for smooth lines and comfortable support. But, of course, we have many more strapless options! We've got a trick for strapless bras: adjust the back so it sits a little lower. You'll get more security, more comfort, and more versatility for your gown's neckline!
3. Stick On Support. Yep. That's a thing! Some women don't need much in terms of support (and some dresses have built in boost), and for these gals, we've got tools for you. Headlight Hiders by Boobeez are super thin silicone discs that mask your nipples. These can be worn with or without a bra, and can even be worn with a swimsuit! We've also got several different adhesive bra cups that are nearly invisible under gowns with plunging, backless, or strapless cuts. We find these work well up to a 34DD!
4. Bra Adjustment Tools. Have a bra you love but wish it was just slightly different to work with your new gown? Try our tools. We've got strap adjusters to make a bra work with a backless dress. Or maybe you want your straps to be seen? Check out these rhinestone straps to jazz up any bra or gown!
5. Bonus boost. Not everyone's cup runneth over. But it can! We've got push-up pads to give anyone a boost, and they can be inserted into any bra or sewn into the dress itself. These are also a great option to correct asymmetry. At this time of year, we love to remember one small-busted bride who came to us looking for cleavage. These pads are one of the many tools we used to boost her bust!
Need something for your gown that we haven't covered here? Check out the Bridal section of our website for more fantastic options to feel fantastic for your formal affair!